Covid LIVE, By Tuesday, India claimed to have administered 700 million vaccine doses. 76 percent of its population will be receiving the first of two jabs.
According to the health ministry, India reported 37,875 new cases of Covid-19. 369 fatalities from the disease in 24 hours, representing a 21.3 percent rise in daily infections compared to Tuesday.
The latest cases brought the total to 33.1 million, with 441,411 deaths. According to the ministry, there are fewer than 400,000 active cases of Covid patients receiving treatment.
Kerala’s chief minister announced on Tuesday night curfews and Sunday restrictions. It has been lifted as a gauge of how swiftly the coronavirus was spreading and had improved.
The total number of medicines provided in India surpassed 700 million on Tuesday. More than 76% of the doses administered thus far have been first shots. These are with the remaining 24% being second shots.
Updates on coronaviruses around the world: Three-quarters of individuals in the United States have received at least one dose of the Covid-19 vaccination. According to Bloomberg, the country passed the 70% mark in early August, four weeks ahead of President Joe Biden’s plan.
WHO Chief Desires To Halt Booster Shots For Rest Of The Year
According to a presidential spokesperson, Philippine authorities have postponed relaxing restrictions on public movement in the capital region. Perhaps they are extending the current restrictions until September 15.
Myanmar’s regime has stated that it needs 10 million doses in September and October and 4 million in November. Bloomberg said that the country aimed to vaccinate half of its population by the end of the year.
Moreover the World Health Organization’s director-general is urging bigger countries with big stocks of covid vaccines. This is to desist from offering booster shots till the end of the year, extending an appeal that has mostly gone unheeded. On Wednesday, WHO Director-General Dr. Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said he was “appalled” by comments made by a leading pharmaceutical manufacturer’s association. These are the vaccine supplies that are sufficient to allow for both booster shots and vaccinations in countries in desperate need of vaccines but facing shortages.